Thursday 11 May 2017

My TY Work Experience

As part of my Transition Year course, I am required to participate in work experience. For my final week, I chose Office Supplies Ireland in Deansgrange. As the week is coming to an end, I am very happy with where I chose. The staff down here are lovely, which makes everything easier. I learned lots of different things about the shop, including how they sell 35,000 products, everything from paper towels and soaps to an office desk and filing cabinets. I learned that there is a lot of different types of inks, folders, envelopes and printers.

For my week down here in Office Supplies Ireland, I did and learned a lot more than I thought I would. I went out on delivery runs through many parts of Dublin. I also learned a lot about computers, especially how to use them! I sent out 200+ emails to potential new customers. I also learned how to make the perfect cup of tea and coffee. On Tuesday, we took a trip to the other branch of Office Supplies Ireland out in Ballymount. The overall shop layout is the same, however as this shop is bigger, they have more furniture on show.

Overall, my week here was brilliant. I took away computer skills that I didn't have before, including how to make a spreadsheet. I learned a whole lot more about the company itself and how things are run. I also got an insight as to what it would be like to work in an office.

Jessica

Newpark Comprehensive School

No comments:

Post a Comment